4D3N Tabin Wildlife Mud Volcano Experience
VALIDITY : 01 APRIL 2013 - 31 MARCH 2014
TOUR CODE : SBH014
|4D3N Tabin Wildlife MUD VOLCANO EXPERIENCE (RM)|
*Package rates are per person based on twin sharing basis and minimum 2 persons to go.
*Child rate is from 5 – 12 years old and at least 2 adult each room for applicable.
PACKAGE INCLUSIVE :
- 2 Night stay at Tabin Wildlife Resort
- 1 Night stay at Mud Volcano Watch Tower
- 10 Meals (3 Breakfast, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners)
- Guided tours and activities as per itinerary
- Entry permit
- Airport transfer from Lahad Datu Airport to Tabin Wildlife Resort
PACKAGE EXCLUSIVE :
- All airfares, airport tax & fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Item not stated
- ROUNDTRIP SCHEDULED
Lahad Datu Airport - Tabin Wildlife Resort 0800/1200
Tabin Wildlife Resort - Lahad Datu Airport 1430
*Unscheduled Transfer (minimum 2 person) RM70.00 nett per person per way
Kota Kinabalu - Lahad Datu | MH3010 | ETD0620 / ETA0715
Lahad Datu - Kota Kinabalu | MH3023 | ETD1730 / ETA 1825
- Dawn Drive : RM80.00/person
- Activities are subjected to weather conditions/departure time and may be re-organized to best meet operational situation
- What to bring :
Binoculars, telescope, insect repellent, long sleeve shirts & long pants, raincoats, sun hat, swim wear, comfortable trekking shoes, torch light, water bottle & personal toiletries. Leech socks are available for sale at the resort's shop.
TERMS & CONDITIONS :
- Tours and prices as above are subject to change with or without prior notice
- Hotel rates are strictly applicable for packages’ extension nights only
- Advance reservation is required and is subject to availability and valid for individual booking only
- If passenger extend stay by own will be NO airport transfer provided.
- Management reserves the right to withdraw / alter the packages at any time without prior notice.
- Management shall not be liable for any loses or expenses incurred due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, or any other causes beyond it control, such loses and expenses shall be borne by the clients
- All payments made are non refundable partially or full for no show / early check out / amendments /any items in the package not utilized
- Any enquiry about cancellation / amendment / room reduction policy must contact us first to avoid any charges
ITINERARY (For reference only and is subject to any necessary changes in accordance to local requirements)
DAY 1 ARRIVAL – LAHAD DATU – TABIN WILDLIFE (LUNCH / DINNER)
Arrive at Kota Kinabalu Airport, you will be picked up in the east coast town of Lahad Datu and drive from Lahad Datu town to Tabin Wildlife Reserve on gravel road for about one and a half hour. After registration, you will be briefed to pack the items needed for your night out at Lipad Mud Volcano. Check into an attractive timber lodge at Tabin Wildlife Resort, which comes complete with a welcome luxury in the forest. Nestled within the rainforest beside the Lipad River, this lovely setting is home to a surprising variety of birds, insects and small mammals. Discover the rich variety of jungle herbs, some endemic, used for generations by local folks for treatment of various ailments. Visit to Trogon Hall gallery for information about the conservation of Tabin Wildlife Reserver and briefing on birds, insects and animals that is found in this area for guest check in before 11am. In the evening, a dusk drive to look out for more nocturnal wildlife and birds coming out to look for food during this time of the day. After dinner, enjoy a CD/slide presentation on Tabin's natural wonders.
DAY 2 LIPAD WATERFALL - MUD VOLCANO (BREAKFAST / LUNCH / DINNER)
You may opt to take up a dawn drive to look out for wildlife that is active at this time of the day (not included in package) or join the early morning bird walk to discover some of Tabin's rich collection of almost 300 bird species. After breakfast, drive to the core area for animal's spotting and for photo session before trekking through the large green rainforest known for its rich diversity of plants and animal species to visit Lipad Waterfall. Take a dip in the natural pool and enjoy a natural and refreshing shower under the waterfall. Alternatively explore the surrounding vegetation or just relax. Lunch followed by a short break. Embark on your journey to the mud volcano. After trekking through the Elephant Trail arrive at the elevated bare area of the mud volcano. Try to identify the multitude of animal foot prints belonging to a different wildlife. The adventurous can try the effect of the volcanic mud, said to be responsible for a fine complexion. Walk up to the observation tower and admire the contrasting landscape of the bare area and its surrounding thick forest where birds are commonly sighted. Our guides will set up camp for the night at the observation tower. Stay quiet in order not to disturb wildlife which is more active in the cooler hours of evening and early morning. Stay alert during the night to observe any visits by wildlife to feed on minerals at the mud volcano.
DAY 3 ROCK POOL - TABIN RAINFOREST (BREAKFAST / LUNCH / DINNER)
Early in the morning, pack and return to Tabin Wildlife Resort. After breakfast, stroll to the nearby Rock Pool or wonder along the river where groups of macaques and other small mammals can sometimes be seen. Choose to take a dip in the river or simply listen to the sound of nature, or spend the morning at leisure. In the afternoon, try out the Tabin Rainforest Foot Soak made with a natural blend of herbs, to relax tired muscles after long jungle trek. Dinner followed by a night safari to look out for nocturnal wildlife and birds. Remember to look up at the clear, dark sky of Tabin.
DAY 4 TABIN WILDLIFE - LAHAD DATU - DEPARTURE (BREAKFAST / LUNCH)
While enjoying your breakfast, you can enjoy the serene environment at the Cafe and observe birds, small mammals and insects that are active in the vicinity and free at leisure before saying goodbye to Tabin.